In case you missed it last week, I’ve been taking part in a new podcast series at Binge Media, where I join Garrett Collins on his show, the Binge Movie Aftertaste, and we simply talk all things Rocky. If you’re not aware, this is my favorite movie franchise of all-time, so Garrett certainly made the right call by contacting me for this. In Part 1, which you can get HERE if you didn’t listen to it yet, we discussed Rocky and Rocky II, and it was everything I thought it could be. The original is my favorite film, so I certainly had plenty to say on that, and the sequel was certainly a great movie as well, so before getting to the second part in the series, make sure to go back and check out part one.
For part two, we get into what could be considered the “popcorn movies” of the franchise, Rocky III and Rocky IV. Here’s how Garrett broke down this podcast.
- Why does Paulie waste a good bottle of liquor by throwing it into a cool Rocky pinball machine?
- Why is Sly so damn handsome?
- What the hell does Rocky say when Mickey dies?
- Just what did Paulie do with that robot?
- Why didn’t Rocky turn around and run after Drago says ‘I must break you?’
- What Rocky IV moment actually got me to get up and cheer like an asshole in the theater?
- How much of Rocky IV‘s budget was spent on the James Brown production?
- Why was Hogan FIRED for doing Rocky III?
- How the hell did Sly include Christ metaphors in the ultra montage heavy Rocky IV?
- Why isn’t Rocky’s eye a concern anymore?
- How did Dolph Lundgren scare home invaders away, without even being there?
- Why haven’t we christened Rocky for ending Communism?
If that doesn’t draw you in, I’m not sure what will. We’re leading up to the release of Creed in a couple of weeks, so join us as we continue this awesome series. I’ve got to say that I’m having a great time with these podcasts, and we hope you enjoy listening to them as much as we did recording them. Click the link below to check out part 2.